With online reorganization
it is possible to change a table
's organization while
users access the table!
The following reorganization of tables are possible:
- changing physical and/or logical attributes
- moving the table to a new location
- partitioning the table
- conversion of table types (for example heap organized tables to index organized tables)
- chaning column names, types and/or sizes
- adding, deleting and/or merging columns (with the exception of the primary keys.
- creating and rebuilding secondary indexes on index organized tables.
- creating and analyzing indexes online